Friday, 15 October 2010

I'm back!







Crikey, it's been a long time since I've checked in here! It says the last day that I wrote here was on the 3rd October... that must mean this is the first moment of spare time I've had since then, and it's now the 16th. The trouble is, so many things have happened since then, that I now can't catch up - that would be impossible. As I recall, I was half-way through telling the extraordinary tale of the D of E weekend. At some point I may well finish this off, though if not, I am sure there will me other and more extraordinary tales to tell soon.


A whistle-stop update: Since the D of E weekend I've been living on a building site (as you can see), seen several frosty only-just sub-zero mornings (Winter is coming), been elected on to the School Board (responsibility! crikey), been to the UK and back (including a quick trip to Alton Towers, of all places), eaten Lebanese food and survived (only just), and now my parents are here and today we're off to Plzen to visit the Pilsner Brewery. So, it's been hectic as ever, but that's the way I like it of course.


The building-site thing is starting to get on my nerves, especially when combined with all the windows in the block being left open so that the cement can dry, and a few frosty mornings, and a leaky boiler that it's best if I don't turn on. Yep, it's been rather chilly chez Sarah! But all is looking better now - boiler mended, cement dried, doors closed, and the final bits of work are under way (the laying of tiles and the painting of walls). It is going to look much nicer when it is finished, I am sure, and it is after all nice to get your place of residence upgraded and decorated at no extra cost to yourself. But it was just a bit of a shock on the first day, when I had to unexpectedly walk the plank to get into my own apartment.....


Enough whingeing. All is well, lots of exciting things are lined up, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the famous Czech winters. Pay arrived a couple of days ago, so boots, fleeces and woolly hats are first on my list for October purchases.


Love to all - enjoy the weather wherever you are, and I hope it's warmer for you than it's set to be here! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment