Sunday, 8 August 2010

Home from home!


Afternoon! It has FINALLY stopped raining long enough for me to sit outside at a wifi cafe and update this blog. Not that a lot has happened - well, apart from the rain.
'Stair rods' just doesn't describe it.
As a consequence of this rain, I really did not do much of a muchness yesterday. Met up for kava with Chris though at Dobra Trafika, a fascinating old-worlde tobacconists half way between my apartment and his. One thick, bitter and biting cup of Peruvian blackstuff later, and I decided that the supermarket would be the furthest I would venture in that downpour. The rest of the day was spent studying Czech (Kdo je to? To je Bill Clinton? Ano, to je Bill Clinton. Ale kdo je Bill Clinton? Je politik a je American.... and so on), cleaning, tidying and procrastinating.
In the evening Chris coaxed me out with a text message along the lines of 'is it beer o' clock yet?', and I assembled the waterproof gear depicted above. 20 mins later I arrived at Na Smetance and was soaked. Repeat, soaked.
Dinner was worth it though - a delicious chicken steak with creamy tandoori sauce... yum yum. Chris can testify that the mysteriously-named 'hidden meat' was just as tasty.
Another couple of pive, half a Man City match and another sodden walk later, I was tucked up in bed ready for an early attendance at Japanese Tea Tasting this morning! But more about that later.
Hoping all is well wherever you are x

No comments:

Post a Comment